Safety Guidelines for Reopening.
UCAL is getting ready to reopen on July 13th for arts summer camp week 4, “The 16-bit palette”. This opening will only be for the 12 campers already registered and there are no empty spots. In August, UCAL may decide to open summer camps for greater enrollment. Information about this will be shared with the community via email and social media.
At the moment we will only be offering arts summer camps. Adult classes and expanded enrollment for children’s classes are in the works for the fall.
Below are our procedures for a safe camp, even more detailed instructions will be shared directly with registered families.
- Masks required for UCAL faculty and staff. Campers need to bring a mask to camp. Mask wearing is encouraged but not required for campers at all times.
- Frequent Hand Washing, students and staff will be taking frequent breaks throughout the day to wash their hands.
- Small classes, no more than 12 students in each class. Students remain in the same group throughout the day.
- Strict Sanitation, Staff will frequently sanitize materials, surfaces, restrooms. The Arts League will be professionally cleaned from top to bottom twice weekly.
- Social Distancing, classroom spaces will be adjusted so that teachers and students can stay distanced.
- Whenever possible classes will take place outside.
- Parents/Guardians must sign a COIVD-19 Parent/Guardian Agreement: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16n_FDYql_A6y57nDyJOqgxBTyncMY7hV3obukf4wMX4/edit?usp=sharing Students will need to stay home if they are feeling sick or if there is a sick family member at home. If a student shows signs of sickness they will be isolated and the parents/guardians will be notified immediately.
Drop off/Pick up:
- This will take place outside. Parents/Guardians will confirm each day that their camper has no temperature or symptoms. UCAL will confirm with their own on-site temperature check.
- Adults and camper must wear mask at drop off
- Adults and campers will wait in socially distant line while check-in proceeds
- Campers will be directed to immediately wash their hands upon arrival at the Arts League.
- (more detailed instructions will be emailed to families)
Changes to camps:
- No field trips or visiting artists
- Campers need to bring packed lunch
- There will be screen-time this summer. When the weather is bad we will be showing art-based movies and cartoons to keep kids calm and socially distant inside.
Campers need to bring:
- Water bottle
- Packed lunch
- Preferred sunscreen (spray on please) and bug spray
- A towel
- A change of clothes
- smock or apron for painting or other messy art
- Tissues (small travel bag)
- A book or a toy
8 am – 5:30 pm
8 – 9:30 am Drop off and free play. Parent/Guardian must check in with Arts League staff and confirm the camper has no Covid-19 type symptoms. Parent/Guardian must wear mask. Camper immediately washes hands.
(Hands washed) Class 1: 9:30- 11 am
Recess: 11 am -12 noon
(Hands Washed) Lunch: 12 – 12:30 pm
(Hands Washed) Class 2: 12:30 – 2 pm
(Hands Washed) Snack: 2 – 2:30 pm
(Hands Washed) Class 3: 2:30 – 4 pm
(Hands Washed) 4 – 5:30 pm END OF DAY. Pick-up and free play.
COVID-19 Emergency shutdown policy :
If another stay-at-home order is issued by the city or state, UCAL camps will move to a virtual format and families will be offered a refund to the virtual camp rates.
If UCAL needs to shut down because a camper or staff member has tested positive for Covid-19, UCAL camps will move to a virtual format and families will be offered a refund to the virtual rates.
If your camper is sick and cannot come to camp we offer a refund as incentive to stay home. Do not bring your camper to UCAL sick.
In all cases we ask that you consider any offered refund a donation to the University City Arts League so that we can continue paying artists for any lost work closure causes.